IELTS WRITING TIPS: There is another type of question being asked in writing task 1 of IELTS EXAM and it is known as a map. MAP is usually an outline of the diagrammatic representation of a particular area of land, showcasing its physical features. Therefore, for explaining a writing task including a map you have to follow the following pattern
BODY PARAGRAPH 1.
BODY PARAGRAPH 2.
- Paraphrasing refers to restructuring the question statement in your own language.
- Body paragraph 1 and 2 contains the main content of the writing task.
IMPORTANT NOTE: no overall exists in Writing task.1 including map. So now let’s begin with our actual task:
The maps below show the changes that have taken place in Meadow village and Fonton, a neighboring town, since 1962.
INTRODUCTION(IELTS WRITING TIPS)
The maps illustrate the evolution of modifications made in the two rural areas with some amenities provided to the residents in 1962, 1985, and in the present days.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR INTRODUCTION
(IELTS WRITING TIPS)
- Try to manipulate the question statement as much as you can in your own language.
INSTEAD OF YOU CAN USE THE WORDS
the changes the evolution of modifications taken place
made in meadow village and fonton in the two rural areas
since 1962 in 1962, 1985 and present days.
BODY PARAGRAPH 1.(IELTS WRITING TIPS)
It is crystal clear from the first map that the Meadow side village and Fonton were underdeveloped areas in 1962 with only one roadway in Meadow village and a single railway track in Fonton. Later, in 1985, the village area progressed with the introduction of a housing estate in the west, superstore in the south, and recreational activities complex towards the northeast side. But, only a single up-gradation occurred in fonton that was the formation of the roadway that has linked it with the village. Further, the area size of both places enlarged a little bit in the same year.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BODY PARAGRAPH 1.
(IELTS WRITING TIPS)
- Begin with an alluring expression
For example-it is crystal clear from the first map that
- Use suitable connectors
- Divide the whole data smartly
such as-explaining every single bit about one side of the map at a time and the other side after that. It will assist you in simplifying the complex and lengthy data.
- Compare the modifications of both areas in order to craft comparative sentences.
- Mention about the actual amendments taken place along with directions in order to make it more clear to be understood by the reader.
- The more you present tasks clearly and precisely, the more chances of you earning higher bands.
- Use attractive vocab
Such as – village area progressed.
upgradation occurred……. etcetera.
BODY PARAGRAPH 2.(IELTS WRITING TIPS)
In present times, with the development of a new hotel adjacent to a railway station at the equator and business park in the south, the two distant places collaborated with each other. Moreover, the whole area has been evolved into a town from a village because of the enlargement in the size of the area and the introduction of advanced facilities there.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BODY PARAGRAPH 2.
- Start with a comparative phrase
Like-in present times
- Clarify the exact location of a particular building
For example-new hotel adjacent to the railway station at the equator.
- Try to add some similar words by your own
introduction of advanced facilities. (IELTS WRITING TIPS)
LIST OF LINKERS/CONNECTORS that can be utilized in the above type of task. (IELTS WRITING TIPS)
- After that
see other posts: