IELTS writing includes one more type of writing task that consists of a flowchart. Flowchart is basically an algorithm that means a combination of steps in order to solve a particular task. It can also be said as a diagram that represents a workflow or process. In order to solve the writing task including a flowchart, a similar pattern is to be followed as in other types of writing tasks:
BODY PARAGRAPH 1.
BODY PARAGRAPH 2.
- In paraphrasing, you have to manipulate or bent the information being given there in the question statement in your own language.
- In body paragraphs 1 and 2, you have to write the main content of the whole task.
- Overall, a small conclusion is drawn on the basis of the whole task.
- Word limit-
Now let’s begin with the actual task.
The diagram below shows, how the Australian Bureau of meteorology collects up to the minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable information.
The process flow chart illustrates the procedure followed by the Australian Bureau of meterology to gather information on weather conditions on a continuous basis so as to produce the relevant forecasts.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR INTRODUCTION
- Amend the information given in question statement in your own language.
- INSTEAD OF YOU CAN USE THE WORDS
- diagram process flow chart
- shows illustrates
- how the Australian Bureau of
- metrology collect the the procedure followed by
- Australian Bureau of metrology
- up to minutes on a continuous basis
- weather weather conditions
- reliable relevant
BODY PARAGRAPH 1.(IELTS WRITING)
Initially, incoming information from space is collected in the first step with the help of satellite, radar, and digital buoy. The satellite disseminates information in the form of satellite photo while radar sends it on the radar screen and digital buoy deliver the data on a synoptic chart. Next, the information gathered is analyzed and used for forming predictions about current weather conditions.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BODY PARAGRAPH 1
- Don’t forget to begin body paragraph one with a catchy expression.
- Try to compress many steps in a single line as in this task there are three ways of collecting data. So, instead of explaining each one of them, compress them as follows:
incoming information from space is connected with the help of satellite radar and digital boy.
- Use connectors and linkers
Just like: nextly
- Either the information given is very less but you have to use your mind and craft impressive sentences out of it.
For example — you are given only analysis and forecasting step in the above report but…you have to write a full-fledged sentence on
As like – the information gathered is then analyzed and used for forming predictions about current weather conditions instead of forecasting, predictions word is used here.
BODY PARAGRAPH 2.(IELTS WRITING)
In the next step, the results of the analysis are prepared for broadcasting purposes after feeding them into a computer system. At last, broadcasting is done through distinct means of mass media like television, radio, and recorded announcements in order to inform the general public about the weather changes being recorded in the whole process.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BODY PARAGRAPH 2
- Use an expression to start body paragraph 2.
As Given in paragraph- in the next step,
- Use connectors smartly
Such as : for the first step of the process, you can use
- first of all
- in the beginning etcetera
For the last step, you can use
- at last
- in the end etcetera
There are four sequential steps of the process that is the collection of information, its analysis, preparation for the presentation, and broadcasting of the same in the last. So, missing any of the steps can deteriorate the relevance of the final results.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR OVERALL
- n overall of a flowchart, you can describe the steps involved in the whole process.
- At last, you can replicate the below-given sentence for using it in the overall of a process that is:
So, missing any of the steps can deteriorate the relevance of the final results of the flowing process.
See other posts: