As you know every coin has dual aspects that are positive and negative. The same approach is followed in one type of IELTS essay that is the advantages disadvantages IELTS essay. In this essay, you will be bestowed with a general statement and will asked to jot down the pros and cons of the same. Additionally, you might also be asked as to how the benefits of the above statement overweigh its drawbacks.
Hence, for explaining the advantages disadvantages IELTS essay, you are suggested to write advantages in the first body paragraph and disadvantages in the second body paragraph but always try to keep the length of both paragraphs almost equivalent to each other. Let’s have an example of an article to make it more crystalline to understand how to write the pros and cons or advantages and disadvantages essay.
Some people tend to take temporary jobs so that they have time to do other things. Do the advantages over weigh disadvantages?
Employment has been emerged as a protocol that began from primitive times and still going on in the contemporary cosmo. Some transformation has been made to this sage with the arrival of temporary or part-time jobs that was not a trend in the earlier times. But, this trend has more merits over its demerits to general public and the following as they will rely upon the same approach.
Tips for introductory paragraph of advantages disadvantages IELTS essay
- As you know the introductory paragraph is the composite of
a) general line
b) rephrase the statement
c) thesis statement
Hence, here as the topic is based on the employment or job so you can draw a general line based on employment another job Like- I have mentioned about employment.
2. Then, rephrase the question stated in your own language and by using some words that seem different to the words given in the statement but provide similar meaning.
3. At last in the thesis statement, expose about what you are going to explain in the whole essay.
Body paragraph 1.
To embark with, a temporary job has positively affected the lives of individuals in numerous ways beginning from the relief from overburden on their mind towards maintaining the emotional bond with kith and kins. Initially, partial jobs allow employees to perform other tasks of their interests along with regular jobs at the same time. This is known as multitasking. This style of working assist masses for polishing their skills and also helps in all over the development of their attributes and behavioral traits. Additionally, doing part-time jobs provides plenty of quality time to the workers that they can spend with their dear ones that in turn ensure strength and closeness in their relation bondings. Interestingly, working partly at two dissimilar destinations offers them more work opportunities and high job opportunities, higher will be the economic growth of a nation.
Tips for body paragraph 1 of advantages disadvantages IELTS essay
- Initiate with a suitable connector.
such as- to embark with.
- Mention at least two to three advantages in relation to the given topic in the question statement of advantages disadvantages IELTS essay.
- Try to create a connection between all the points that you want to discuss in body paragraph 1.
- Use appropriate connectors. For instance- Initially at the beginning, additionally to add more points, and interestingly to draw the attention of the examiner towards a particular point.
Body paragraph 2.
Another school of thought reckon upon the contrary side of the coin. They strongly assert that working subsequently at two or more places never let a person to be expert in one field that declines their mastery over a particular work. Further, they contradict that part-time jobs cannot yield a fixed level of earnings to the employees that can adversely affect their fiscal arrangements. Last but not least, temporary jobs lack in providing job security to the workers.
Tips for body paragraph 2 advantages disadvantages IELTS essay
- Begin with a paradoxical connector to indicate that body paragraph 2 will disseminate a contradictory viewpoint against body paragraph 1.
For example- Another school of thought reckon that.
- Add at least two disadvantages in body paragraph 2 of advantages disadvantages IELTS essay.
- Don’t forget to keep the length of both paragraphs equal.
4. Put useful connectors inside the body paragraph of advantages disadvantages IELTS essay to create a link between the distinct points of the body paragraph 2.
As given- further, last but not least.
Before putting the pen down, it can be concluded that no doubt every coin has positive as well as negative phases but temporary jobs hold more pros for people over its cons to employees.
Tips for the conclusion of advantages disadvantages IELTS essay
- Write a well-suited beginner connector for the conclusion of the advantages disadvantages IELTS essay.
Such as- Before putting the pen down.
- Conclude by keeping in mind the pros and cons been disclosed in the whole essay.
SEE OTHER POSTS: